[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - My Area Minister

My Area Minister

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

My Area Minister

Postby David Flick » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:05 am

I went to an ABC Central Region (Western Area) pastors fellowship today in Scott City, KS. I'm in the . The Western Area is huge. It comprises all of western Kansas and western Oklahoma combined. Traveling from top to bottom, one would cover more than 500 miles. It is 327 miles from Enid, OK to Scott City, KS.

There were 8 pastors (including one female pastor) at the fellowship. My Area Minister, , is a prince of a fellow. He's an outstanding leader in the Central Region. John gave the devotion at our fellowship today. He writes short stories around a fictional western Kansas pastor, "Rev. Bartholomew West". "Pastor Bart" is a typical Western Kansas/Oklahoma pastor who has interesting spiritual experiences leading his people in the "Sweet Spring Baptist Church" out there on the "Hi Plains" of western Kansas.

John has a personalized tag for his car which is "REVWEST."

John read his latest "Pastor Bart" story today at the pastor's fellowship. I asked him for permission to share the story with the BaptistLife family. He graciously conceded and here, for your enjoyment, is .

In a day or two, I'm going to post the link to another "Pastor Bart" story...
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:47 am

I enjoyed reading of the adventures of Pastor Bart, and hope to see more. I think John would enjoy reading The Spirit of This Covenant :D
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby David Flick » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:56 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:02 pm

Ed: Gee David, what sort of openings are there out there in the Central Region? I was pleasantly surprised to see that three of the Executive Staff are graduates of Southern Seminary and another one (Junior Kauffman the Executive Director of camps went to Goshen College reasonably near my home town of Fort Wayne, Indiana. Plus he and his wife, also served in "the wilderness " of upstate New York.

Edited to corrrect the name of the Camps director.
Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:17 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:37 pm

Ed Pettibone

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum