[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - American Baptist Historical Society moves to Mercer Campus

American Baptist Historical Society moves to Mercer Campus

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

Postby pastormikejordan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:09 pm

Hi Tim et. al.,

Noticed CRCDS and ABCRI were on the list of potential candidates as well. Couple questions:

was the Rochester collection housed at CRCDS? If not, where?

Any reasons why the two ABC sites were rejected? Just curious.

Mike
Michael Jordan
Exton, PA
pastormikejordan.blogspot.com
pastormikejordan

Postby Haruo » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:28 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby jerryl » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:43 pm

jerryl

Postby jerryl » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:50 pm

jerryl

Postby pjerwin » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:25 pm

Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:55 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby jerryl » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:31 pm

jerryl

Postby jerryl » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:39 pm

jerryl

Postby Joshua Villines » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:22 am

"Saying that CBF churches are more progessive than SBC ones because they support the ordination of women is like noting that one flat-earth society is more progressive than the other because it admits to the existence of gravity."
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Postby pjerwin » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:29 pm

Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby jerryl » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:54 am

jerryl

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:30 am

My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Bruce Gourley » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:48 am

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:03 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Joshua Villines » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:52 pm

Georiga Baptist Convention. Their offices were headquartered right next to the Cecil B. Day campus. It's an enormous building, but hollow on the inside. I'll leave the metaphors to others...

I could see the building from our back yard when I was a kid. We were on a hill, and the building is taller than the trees around it. I used to pretend that it was a pagan temple (I read a lot of mythology and fantasy novels as a kid.) As an adult, I sometimes wondered if I was right.

-Joshua
"Saying that CBF churches are more progessive than SBC ones because they support the ordination of women is like noting that one flat-earth society is more progressive than the other because it admits to the existence of gravity."
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:10 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:12 am

Glad Mercer was able to purchase the GBC building.

Where did the GBC relocated to anyways?

josh,

where did you grow up? somewhere off Chamblee-Tucker?

I lived across the street from McAfee at Park Pointe apartment complex just within a short walk from the newly resurfaced Mercer tennis courts!
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Joshua Villines » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:19 am

I grew up in several neighborhoods in the Sequoyah High School district around that area. My grandmother's house was the most enduring of those locations, and it was off of Dresden Drive between Shallowford and Chamblee-Tucker. When I was a kid, there were a number of Atlanta Baptist College faculty who lived nearby. I've watched a lot of changes in the area over the years, and have moved back to an old Dekalb County neighborhood that reminds me very much of my grandmother's (over by Emory).

-Joshua
Product of the (non-existant for the past 17 years) Sequoyah High School.
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum