[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Conflict of ieologies?

Conflict of ieologies?

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

Conflict of ieologies?

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:11 pm

Ed: Ok, I have been sitting on this for a couple weeks but now I see it is getting attention on a number of blogs done by folk in the ABC-USA. I am talking about the reaction to General Secretary Roy Medley's pastoral letter of July 17th. A call for American Baptist to Live Lives of high Moral and Ethical Responsibility
I agree with those who say that what he says in that letter is consistent with what he said in Denver. I do believe this recent letter was even a bit more clear.

I however need to have some thing clarified by those of you more acquainted with the ABC-USA than I;

Dr. Medley in that letter says "Not only do I strive to live a life centered in Christ with moral integrity, I expect the same from my staff, and call upon all American Baptists to live exemplary lives of the highest ethical responsibility in all matters, including matters of sexuality."

My question is just what positions are responsible to the General secretary? Would that include National Ministries and under that, the office of Personnel Services? If so, is it not a conflict of ideologies for Personnel Services to support ministry searches of churches which openly support the practice of homosexuality?
Ed Pettibone

Re: Conflict of ieologies?

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:13 pm

Ed Pettibone

Re: Conflict of ieologies?

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:41 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Joshua Villines » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:45 pm

"Saying that CBF churches are more progessive than SBC ones because they support the ordination of women is like noting that one flat-earth society is more progressive than the other because it admits to the existence of gravity."
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:15 pm

Ed Pettibone

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum