[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Rolling Stone article on J. Falwell Jr.

Rolling Stone article on J. Falwell Jr.

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Rolling Stone article on J. Falwell Jr.

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:28 pm

This is a "long read", but thoroughly researched. I found it interesting that some people with Liberty Univ. degrees are eliminating that from their resumes. That might include some folks in this forum. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... vAPUa6RhII
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Re: Rolling Stone article on J. Falwell Jr.

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:59 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:54 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:53 pm

I say that I am a graduate of Southern Seminary back when it was a seminary.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Jerry Vines had a close association with Liberty

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:17 pm

This is an interesting read and deserves more attention than it seems to have gotten so far. I hope Thornton reads the whole thing closely and weighs in.

There was a list at one point of the SBC Presidents who were either Trustees or sent their children to Liberty.

The 95 Billy Graham Bday party in 2012 or so was where Falwell Jr and Trump first hit it off the article says cause they liked to build things.
That party I think is pretty much the biography of Franklin Graham. His invite list was the Trumps, Roger Ailes, Rupert Murdoch and his wife and maybe Steve Bannon. I could be wrong about Bannon but there is not much redemption left for Franklin.

I think the article endorses the idea of things are in the blood DNA, almost a case for Calvinism the way Falwell Jr reverted to his Grandfather's good ol boy redneck disposition with guns and moonshine. Power in the Blood to make a cynical interpretation of this tragedy, like Donald and his Daddy Fred. See the Choice, PBS Frontline.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:48 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum