[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Ethics? legitimacy of personal Information sites on line

Ethics? legitimacy of personal Information sites on line

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Ethics? legitimacy of personal Information sites on line

Postby JE Pettibone » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:21 pm

Ed: I am thinking about, becoming part of a Class action against the Personal Information sharing industry.

There was a time when I thought these snoops where a potential resource for search committees however I have recently checked ours individually (Trudy's and mine) and have found glaring inaccuracies. One says they have found no negatives in my report but they had given me a 3.5 out of 5 on their reputation scale. They then raised it to 3.97 when I challenged some of the factoids in their report. It was supposed to cost me one dollar to get their report for 3 days only now they want to bill me 15.95 for 7 days and 25.00 per month, for a year. If I have to get an attorney to cancel. I will ask that they pay his fee.

Perhaps this should be under prayer request, but only registered guest would see it then.

I am of the opinion that this industry is as s bad as payday lenders. End rant!
JE Pettibone

Re: Ethics? legitimacy of personal Information sites on line

Postby Haruo » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:18 am

Христосъ воскресъ! Go get 'em, Ed!
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dale » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:11 am

I know the site you're talking about and their phony "reputation scores" as well as their subscriptions designed only to separate you from the contents of your wallet. Actually you can contact them and request they remove your name and all your information from their site. I did that over a year ago and still cannot find my information on their site, so apparently they honored my wishes.
Dale

Postby JE Pettibone » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:58 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Fri May 01, 2020 5:26 pm

Is the name of the website a secret?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dale » Fri May 01, 2020 11:52 pm

Dale

Postby JE Pettibone » Sat May 02, 2020 5:34 pm

Ed: That is it.
JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Mon May 04, 2020 9:10 pm

Thanks.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dale » Tue May 05, 2020 6:24 am

As I said, mylife honored my wishes. In addition to having them remove my name and information, I had them remove my deceased parents' profiles because they both linked to my name. That was at least 2 years ago, and when I search for any of our names today I don't find them. It really is creepy how much personal information they gather and are happy to sell.
Dale

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum