[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Baptist News Global top 25 of the last decade

Baptist News Global top 25 of the last decade

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Baptist News Global top 25 of the last decade

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:51 am

https://baptistnews.com/article/bngs-to ... gyjidJKhdg

Furman grad Russ Dean comes in with a strong Number 13
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Baptist News Global top 25 of the last decade

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:13 am

Yeah, I like lists.

Two of the top ten have to do with Operation Christmas Child, which i don't care much for.

Four of the top ten deal with transgender and same sex stuff.

You can thank Trump for two of them.

One features a heavy dose of Trump and gay issues.

The remaining article is by the guy whose photo says it all, words are not worth reading.

I always read, or at least check the headlines, of BNG and appreciate many of the pieces and a couple of writers in particular. I also appreciate BNG for repeatedly demonstrating how the SBC was correct in their conservative recalibration of a generation ago.

Your best post of the year, Stephen.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Stephen Best post of the year

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:56 am

May be this one in which I correct Dr. Thornton as Ive labored, struggled to do for about 20 years now. Donald Trump himself is the Poster Child Truth that can't be ignored that the fundamentalist takeover of the SBC hardwired to Pressler and Jesse Helms right wing designs at some point so enmeshed it was hard to distinguish one from the other was a disaster not only for Christendom but for America where the Constitution is now at stake. The NY Times just yesterday shouts that out in its story on Bill Barr and his preference for Presslerism and David Barton.

I think my latest blog will be published early this year.

Once again I try to point my friend Thornton and the likes of Jerry Vines and others who are not my friend in a sensible understanding of the reverberations of the takeover hoping Republican Baptist Nathan Deal will distinguish himself from Baptist minority leaderDoug Collins in the Mercer lecture series.

Read it Dr. Thornton and tell Vines about it. I think Trey Gowdy has aloready gotten word.

It's the blog on the SC 4th whith a great parabolic opening about the Yankees and Bobby Richardson, a tale forthesetimes of OT proportions
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum