Death of Walker Knight

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Death of Walker Knight

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:58 pm

Saw John Pierce's post on Facebook right before I left for church this morning. Legendary Baptist journalist Walker Knight, who founded what is now Nurturing Faith Journal (formerly SBC Today, then Baptists Today), joined the great cloud of witnesses early this morning. He was 95.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Re: Death of Walker Knight

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:17 pm

He was a real hero of Baptist journalism whom I had always admired.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Re: Death of Walker Knight

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Our pastor, Michael Tutterow, has a background in journalism and worked with Baptists Today back in the '80s. Walker was the one who hired him. Michael became very close to him and looked up to him as a mentor. My relationship with him was not that close, but I talked with him on several occasions, always found him to be kind, gracious, and genuine. I had the highest respect for his work as a journalist. Nobody knew Baptists better than Walker Knight.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum