[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - GOD and GoP

GOD and GoP

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: GOD and GoP

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu May 02, 2019 3:10 pm

From Gerry Milligan,

From William Thornton » Wed May 01, 2019 7:40 pm
That you equate this to hospice care is appalling.

From Gerry Milligan...William, it does not surprise me what you said above. It reveals that a person who does not understand best medical care would call allowing infants born with no hope (I mentioned two such instances, Hydaditform mole and microcephaly) but kept comfortable until death not the same as hospice care. Quoting Gov. Norton, "If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother." that much is basically what is the goal of hospice care keeping an individual comfortable until death. So, with your lack of understanding of medical care, notwithstanding “For about 40 years I've heard health care professionals gravely explain, often with impressive technical language, why babies must be killed. “ you are showing your lack of knowledge on what you originally said...” letting babies die in the delivery room.” This is different from how the right wing tries to stir up by painting with a very broad brush a very rare but medically indicated practice with what GOP majorities refused to address when they had the numbers to reverse Roe vs Wade. But, as FAUX news helps you form opinions, I will try no longer to give you information.
Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Thu May 02, 2019 3:40 pm

All this and you refuse to admit that there are babies who fall outside of your presumed category of "infants born with no hope." Northam didn't say that. It doesn't impress me or address the issues to toss medical terms in. I've heard these for decades. You understand the issues, I'm sure.

A segment of Trump voters would leave him if a candidate departed even slightly from the dem pro abortion position. Not the only issue but one that many think important.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu May 02, 2019 3:41 pm

Revert to insults, Gerry. It's standard for the trump/GOP haters here. You usually do better.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu May 02, 2019 10:05 pm

Sandy

Previous

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum